Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mmmmm.....

Wow! I must agree I learned an incredible amount of skills when it come researching. Throughout my life I must have written countless papers. But none of them have been so in depth and with actual facts to back up my arguments, beliefs and ideas. Thanks to my ENG 101 Professor, I can now say I’m master Jedi when it comes to researching for a paper. I learned how to use “the force” of the internet not just to Facebook and twitter (which I hate by the way) but enrich my writing and my mind as well. Lexis Nexis was a great tool in writing my final paper. I never thought I could find so much info with the tip of my fingers instead of going to the library for countless hours to look for books. As well as researching, I also learned how to cite properly the newspapers, books, journals, articles and even movies without being a victim of involuntary plagiarism. Most importantly, I learned that to be great researcher one must have a great “Yoda” to teach the right way. I wouldn’t change my “Yoda” (Prof. McCormick) for any other. Though at times, she seemed to enjoy making us research so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment